This sample demonstrates the capabilities of our client-side event management technology. Play with dock panels to initiate client-side events. The main control-specific client events related to panel docking are traced in this demo.
All controls included into the ASPxDocking Suite (such as ASPxDockPanel, ASPxDockZone and ASPxDockManager) provide advanced client-side event support. Client-side events are triggered in response to specific actions or events on the client, and cover all the key elements of the panel docking functionality. So, they give you the ability to completely control the client-side behavior of dock panels and zones.
The following client events are demonstrated in this demo:
- Init (common for ASPxDockPanel, ASPxDockZone and ASPxDockManager) - Occurs on the client side after a client control object has been initialized, but prior to its display on the browser.
- StartDragging, EndDragging (specific to ASPxDockPanel); StartPanelDragging, EndPanelDragging (specific to ASPxDockManager) - Allow you to respond to the corresponding end-user actions performed on a panel.
- BeforeDock, AfterDock (common for ASPxDockPanel, ASPxDockZone and ASPxDockManager) - Fire before and after a panel is docked to a zone; you are able to cancel panel docking, if required.
- BeforeFloat, AfterFloat (common for ASPxDockPanel and ASPxDockManager) - Fire before and after a panel is made to float; you are able to cancel making a panel to float if required.
- PopUp, CloseUp (specific to ASPxDockPanel); PanelPopUp, PanelCloseUp (specific to ASPxDockManager) - Allow you to respond to invoking or closing a dock panel.
To learn more on client-side events, refer to the Client-Side Events help topic.