This sample demonstrates the capabilities of our client-side event management technology. Play with dock panels to initiate client-side events. The main extension-specific client events related to panel docking are traced in this demo.
All extensions included in the Docking suite (i.e. DockPanel, DockZone and DockManager) provide advanced client-side event support. Client-side events are triggered in response to specific actions or events on the client, and cover all the key elements of the panel docking functionality. So, they give you the ability to completely control the client-side behavior of dock panels and zones.
The following client events are demonstrated in this demo:
- Init (common for DockPanel, DockZone and DockManager) - Occurs on the client side after a client object has been initialized, but prior to its display on the browser.
- StartDragging, EndDragging (specific to DockPanel); StartPanelDragging, EndPanelDragging (specific to DockManager) - Allow you to respond to the corresponding end-user actions performed on a panel.
- BeforeDock, AfterDock (common for DockPanel, DockZone and DockManager) - Fire before and after a panel is docked to a zone; you are able to cancel panel docking, if required.
- BeforeFloat, AfterFloat (common for DockPanel and DockManager) - Fire before and after a panel is made floating; you are able to cancel making a panel floating if required.
- PopUp, CloseUp (specific to DockPanel); PanelPopUp, PanelCloseUp (specific to DockManager) - Allow you to respond to invoking or closing a dock panel.