This demo shows how easily images can be inserted into the content of the editor with the built-in image selector, which allows end-users to manage content images using a point-and-click UI, rather than typing image web addresses.
The image selector is accessible in the Insert Image dialog within the From the gallery tab when the SettingsImageSelector.Enabled property is set to true.
Thanks to the FileManager extension integrated into the image selector all file/folder management, access control, and upload capabilities are available to you out-of-the-box. To enable these capabilities, turn on the corresponding options using the editor's SettingsImageSelector option sets. In this demo, you can adjust some of these options using the settings displayed to the right of the editor.
Settings Image Selector
- Enable Editing (AllowMove, AllowDelete, AllowRename, AllowCreate) specifies the allowed file editing capabilities.
- Enable Upload (UploadSettings.Enabled) specifies if the file upload is enabled for the document selector.
- Show Toolbar (ToolbarSettings.Visible) specifies the visibility of a toolbar.
- Show Folders Area (FoldersSettings.Visible) specifies the visibility of the folder section.
- Show Breadcrumbs (BreadcrumbsSettings.Visible) specifies the visibility of breadcrumbs.
- File List View (FileListSettings.View) specifies the view of files (details or thumbnails) within the file section.
Settings Image Dialog
- Show More Options (ShowMoreOptionsButton) specifies if the More options check box is displayed within the image dialog form. The check box controls the visibility of the section allowing end-users to customize image settings.
In this demo, the ShowStyleSettingsSection property is set to true. Therefore, the HTML Editor allows end-users to specify the CSS class for an image, using the image dialog. To select the CSS class for the current image, use the CSS class combo box in the More options section. The CSS styles listed in the combo box can be specified using the editor's CssClassItems property.