This demo illustrates the DevExpress ASP.NET MVC HTML Editor (HtmlEditorExtension) control's ability to support either a menu toolbar or a ribbon toolbar element.
The ToolbarMode property specifies the type of the toolbar. This property can be set to the following values.
- Menu - the toolbar for the HTML Editor is rendered as a menu. The menu toolbars can be customized via the Toolbars collection.
- Ribbon - the toolbar for the HTML Editor is rendered as a ribbon. The ribbon tabs can be customized via the RibbonTabs collection.
- OneLine Ribbon - the toolbar for the HTML Editor is rendered as a ribbon that displays all items in an active tab in one line.
- None - the HTML Editor does not have a toolbar.
- ExternalRibbon - the HTML Editor uses an external Ribbon extension as a toolbar. To try this toolbar mode, see the External Ribbon demo.
In this demo, use the Toolbar Mode combo box to specify the HTML Editor toolbar mode. Since the menu toolbar and ribbon tab collections are not customized in the markup, the default collections are rendered in the HTML Editor.
Local Copy of this Demo
To inspect the source code for this demo on your machine, you must first install our components via the DevExpress Component Installer.
You can open a local copy of this online demo directly from this webpage (if using v20.2.8, 21.1.4 or higher).
The source code files for this demo are installed (by default) in the following directory:
Open CS Solution
\Users\Public\Documents\DevExpress Demos XX.X\Components\ASP.NET\CS\MVCxHTMLEditorDemos