This sample demonstrates the capabilities of the DevExpress client-side event management technology. All available extension-specific client-side events are traced in this demo. Play with the DevExpress ASP.NET MVC Rich Text Editor (RichEdit extension) interface elements or modify the document content to initiate client-side events.
The RichEdit extension provides advanced client-side event support. Client-side events are triggered in response to specific actions or events on the client, and cover all the key elements of the extension's functionality. Thus, they give you complete control over RichEdit client-side behavior.
The following client events are available for the RichEdit.
- Init - Occurs on the client side after the extension has been initialized, but prior to it being displayed within the browser.
- GotFocus, LostFocus - Occurs when the RichEdit receives or loses focus.
- DocumentChanged - Fires if any change is made to the RichEdit's document by an end-user.
- ContentInserted, ContentRemoved - Fires when the RichEdit's document content is modified (by adding a new content or removing the existing one).
- CharacterPropertiesChanged, ParagraphPropertiesChanged - Fires when formatting settings are applied to a character(s) interval or paragraph within the RichEdit's document.
- BeginSynchronization, EndSynchronization - Fires before and after the client-server synchronization is performed to apply changes and synchronize the server and client document models.
- SelectionChanged - Fires when a selection is changed in the RichEdit.
- KeyDown, KeyUp - Fires when any key is pressed or released while the RichEdit has focus.
- PointerDown, PointerUp - For a mouse pointer, fires when a user presses or releases a mouse button or wheel while the mouse pointer is over the Rich Text Editor. For touch and pen pointers, fires when a pointer contacts or stops physical contact with a digitizer.
- HyperlinkClick - Fires after a hyperlink is clicked within the RichEdit's document.
- ActiveSubDocumentChanged - Fires when the active sub-document is substituted with another one within the RichEdit's document.
- PopupMenuShowing - Fires when the RichEdit's context menu is invoked.
To learn more on client-side events, refer to the Client-Side Events help topic.
Local Copy of this Demo
To inspect the source code for this demo on your machine, you must first install our components via the DevExpress Component Installer.
You can open a local copy of this online demo directly from this webpage (if using v20.2.8, 21.1.4 or higher).
The source code files for this demo are installed (by default) in the following directory:
Open CS Solution
\Users\Public\Documents\DevExpress Demos XX.X\Components\ASP.NET\CS\MVCxRichEditDemos