The DevExpress ASP.NET MVC Rich Text Editor (RichEdit extension) provides a UI experience similar to Microsoft Word Online. It fully integrates the DevExpress ASP.NET MVC Ribbon extension, allowing you to create intuitive and easy-to-use word processing apps in the shortest possible time.
This demo illustrates the ribbon-based UI modes available within the RichEdit. Based upon the RibbonMode property setting, RichEdit can use either a built-in ribbon, a built-in one-line toolbar, an external ribbon extension, or no ribbon. The RibbonMode property values include:
- Ribbon – The Rich Text Editor uses a built-in ribbon; ribbon tabs can be customized using the RichEdit's RibbonTabs collection.
- One Line Ribbon – The Rich Text Editor displays a built-in ribbon used in one-line mode optimized for touch devices; one-line mode related settings can be defined for ribbon groups and ribbon galleries with their OneLineModeSettings properties.
- ExternalRibbon – The Rich Text Editor uses an external Ribbon extension, specified by the AssociatedRibbonName property. Ribbon tabs can be customized at the Ribbon extension level with the Tabs property.
- None – The Rich Text Editor does not incorporate or use the ribbon UI.
- Auto – The Rich Text Editor automatically displays a proper built-in ribbon depending upon the client browser type; a standard ribbon is used under desktop browsers and a one-line ribbon is used under the browsers of touch devices.
Give the demo a try and see how the Rich Text Editor looks and behaves in different ribbon modes.