The DevExpress ASP.NET MVC Rich Text Editor (RichEdit extension) provides a UI experience similar to Microsoft Word Online. It fully integrates the DevExpress ASP.NET MVC Ribbon extension, allowing you to create intuitive and easy-to-use word processing apps in the shortest possible time.
This demo illustrates the ribbon-based UI modes available within the RichEdit. Based upon the RibbonMode property setting, RichEdit can use either a built-in ribbon, a built-in one-line toolbar, an external ribbon extension, or no ribbon. The RibbonMode property values include:
- Ribbon - The Rich Text Editor uses a built-in ribbon; ribbon tabs can be customized using the RichEdit's RibbonTabs collection.
- One Line Ribbon - The Rich Text Editor displays a built-in ribbon used in one-line mode optimized for touch devices; one-line mode related settings can be defined for ribbon groups and ribbon galleries with their OneLineModeSettings properties.
- ExternalRibbon - The Rich Text Editor uses an external Ribbon extension, specified by the AssociatedRibbonName property. Ribbon tabs can be customized at the Ribbon extension level with the Tabs property.
- None - The Rich Text Editor does not incorporate or use the ribbon UI.
- Auto - The Rich Text Editor automatically displays a proper built-in ribbon depending upon the client browser type; a standard ribbon is used under desktop browsers and a one-line ribbon is used under the browsers of touch devices.
Give the demo a try and see how the Rich Text Editor looks and behaves in different ribbon modes.
Local Copy of this Demo
To inspect the source code for this demo on your machine, you must first install our components via the DevExpress Component Installer.
You can open a local copy of this online demo directly from this webpage (if using v20.2.8, 21.1.4 or higher).
The source code files for this demo are installed (by default) in the following directory:
Open CS Solution
\Users\Public\Documents\DevExpress Demos XX.X\Components\ASP.NET\CS\MVCxRichEditDemos