File Manager is an Explorer-like extension providing your end-users with the capability to manage files and folders. This extension allows end-users to easily upload and select files and even change the folder structure (by renaming, copying, moving and deleting files or folders). File and folder management capabilities are fully customizable and can be switched off, if necessary.
The FileManager extension consists of the following main elements: a toolbar, a folder container, a file container, and an upload panel. Settings of these elements and common extension settings can be customized via the corresponding properties such as the Settings, SettingsEditing, SettingsToolbar, SettingsFolders, SettingsUpload.
The main features of the FileManager extension are listed below (together with the corresponding extension settings):
- Showing folder and file structure (BindToFolder and Settings.InitialFolder);
- Auto-sorting folders and files based on their names;
- Automatically generating and displaying thumbnails for image files (Settings.ThumbnailFolder and SettingsFileList.ThumbnailsViewSettings.ThumbnailSize);
- Capability to rename, copy, move, and delete files and folders (SettingsEditing.AllowRename, SettingsEditing.AllowMove, SettingsEditing.AllowCopy and SettingsEditing.AllowDelete);
- Capability to create new folders (SettingsEditing.AllowCreate);
- Capability to download a selected file (SettingsEditing.AllowDownload);
- Uploading files using a built-in upload panel (SettingsUpload);
- Capability to select multiple files for upload (SettingsUpload.UseAdvancedUploadMode and SettingsUpload.AdvancedModeSettings.EnableMultiSelect);
- Updating the file list dynamically via callbacks;
- Response to file selection and submission (the SelectedFileChanged and SelectedFileOpened client events);
- Quick search for a file within a list, using a built-in filter box (SettingsToolbar.ShowFilterBox);
- Customizable layout (based on a built-in splitter);
- Keyboard support for main file operations.
- Provide breadcrumbs navigation
This demo illustrates FileManager primary features. Use the options in the top panel to change the values of corresponding FileManager properties, and see the result within the extension.