This example demonstrates the capabilities of our client-side event management technology. Move the panels to initiate client-side events. The main control-specific client events related to panel docking are traced in this demo.
All controls included in the DevExpress ASP.NET Docking (ASPxDocking) Suite (such as ASPxDockPanel, ASPxDockZone and ASPxDockManager) provide advanced client-side event support. Client-side events are triggered in response to specific actions or events on the client, and cover all key elements of the panel docking functionality. Thus, they give you the ability to completely control the client-side behavior of dock panels and zones.
The following client events are demonstrated in this demo:
- Init (common to ASPxDockPanel, ASPxDockZone and ASPxDockManager) - Occurs on the client side after a client control object has been initialized, but prior to its display in the browser.
- StartDragging, EndDragging (specific to ASPxDockPanel); StartPanelDragging, EndPanelDragging (specific to ASPxDockManager) - Allow you to respond to the corresponding end-user actions performed on a panel.
- BeforeDock, AfterDock (common to ASPxDockPanel, ASPxDockZone and ASPxDockManager) - Fire before and after a panel is docked to a zone; you can cancel panel docking, if required.
- BeforeFloat, AfterFloat (common to ASPxDockPanel and ASPxDockManager) - Fire before and after a panel is made to float; you can cancel making a panel float, if required.
- PopUp, CloseUp (specific to ASPxDockPanel); PanelPopUp, PanelCloseUp (specific to ASPxDockManager) - Allows you to respond to dock operations (opening or closing a dock panel).
To learn more about client-side events, refer to the Client-Side Events help topic.