The DevExpress ASP.NET Autocomplete Token Box (ASPxTokenBox) editor provides the ability to autocomplete values from a predefined list. An end-user can select a value (e.g. a keyword or tag) from a drop-down window list, or type it manually. This demo illustrates the main features available to you when using the ASPxTokenBox editor.
Use controls in the rightmost panel to change individual property values, and see the results in the editor. The descriptions of the properties utilized are listed below.
AllowCustomTokens – specifies whether or not the tokens that are not contained in the bound data source can be specified in the editor.
ShowDropDownOnFocus – controls the drop-down window visibility when the editor gets focus. The available values are listed below.
- Always – the drop-down window is always displayed when the editor is focused.
- Never – the drop-down window is not displayed when the editor gets focus.
IncrementalFilteringMode – specifies which filtering mode is applied to the editor’s drop-down window items.
- Contains – the editor is filtered for list items that contain the typed search string.
- StartsWith – the editor is filtered for list items that begin with the typed search string.
- None – filtering is not applied to editor list items.
Start typing in the token box to invoke the drop-down window containing the appropriate values. To remove a value from the editor, click the corresponding item’s delete button.