This demo describes the features provided by the DevExpress Ribbon extension for ASP.NET MVC. Use the checkboxes in the upper panel to change individual property values and see the result in the ribbon. The descriptions of the properties utilized are listed below.
- Allow Minimize - specifies whether or not a ribbon can be minimized. When this functionality is disabled, the minimize button is not displayed.
- Show File Tab - specifies the file tab visibility.
- Show Tabs - specifies the tab header visibility.
- Show Group Labels - specifies the group label visibility.
The ribbon is placed in the PopupControl window to demonstrate the ribbon's responsive layout. Use the PopupControl's size grip to see this functionality in action.
In this demo, the following client-side events are handled. (See the partial view code.)
- The FileTabClicked event is handled to flag that the file tab is clicked.
- The CommandExecuted event occurs after an end-user executes an action on a ribbon item (e.g., the end-user clicks a button or changes an editor value). The event is handled to display information about the item related to the event. The optional parameter event argument property provides additional information about the command being processed.
- The DialogBoxLauncherClicked event fires after a dialog box launcher, which is an arrow icon located in the bottom right corner of a group, has been clicked. The event argument group property identifies a group whose dialog box launcher is clicked.
Local Copy of this Demo
To inspect the source code for this demo on your machine, you must first install our components via the DevExpress Component Installer.
You can open a local copy of this online demo directly from this webpage (if using v20.2.8, 21.1.4 or higher).
The source code files for this demo are installed (by default) in the following directory:
Open CS Solution
\Users\Public\Documents\DevExpress Demos XX.X\Components\ASP.NET\CS\MVCxNavigationAndLayoutDemos