This demo describes the built-in edit modes of the DevExpress ASP.NET Tree List (ASPxTreeList).
The following edit modes are available within the ASPxTreeList:
- Inline - Cell values are edited inline, within the edit node.
- EditForm - Cell values are edited within an Edit Form, and the node whose values are currently being edited is not displayed.
- EditFormAndDisplayNode - Cell values are edited within an Edit Form, and the node whose values are currently being edited is displayed above the Edit Form.
- PopupEditForm - Cell values are edited within a Popup Edit Form that can be dragged. By default, the Popup Edit Form is displayed near the node whose values are currently being edited. The position of the Popup Edit Form can be customized using the SettingsPopupEditForm property.
The SettingsEditing.Mode property specifies the current edit mode within the ASPxTreeList. In this demo, use the 'Edit Mode' combo box to select the edit mode you desire.
To allow end-users to manipulate data, add a Command column to the ASPxTreeList's Columns and specify which commands can be used by end-users.
The following server-side methods can be used to manipulate data in code:
- StartEdit – switches the ASPxTreeList to edit mode.
- UpdateEdit – saves changes and switches the ASPxTreeList to browse mode.
- CancelEdit – discards changes and switches the ASPxTreeList to browse mode.
- StartEditNewNode – switches the ASPxTreeList to edit mode, and allows you to specify a new node's values. When finished, click the Update button. This creates a new node with the specified values, and appends it to the required position.
- DeleteNode – deletes a node.