The DevExpress ASP.NET Tree List (ASPxTreeList) allows end-users to resize columns by dragging the appropriate column header.
The SettingsResizing.ColumnResizeMode property specifies how the ASPxTreeList behaves when an end-user resizes a column. The available options are listed below.
- Control – When an end-user changes the width of a column, it changes the width of the control. The width of other columns do not change.
- NextColumn – When an end-user changes the width of a column, the width of the next column (to the right) changes. The width of the control does not change.
- Disabled – End-users are not allowed to resize columns.
Use the Column resizing mode combo box to see how different property values affect resizing behavior.
Tree List can automatically truncate cell values if they don't fit into cell width. To indicate that the text is clipped, the control displays an ellipsis ('...'). By default, this functionality is disabled, set the AllowEllipsisInText property to true to enable it.
The SettingsResizing.Visualization property defines how the column resizing process is visually indicated. Two modes are available.
- In the Live mode, columns are redrawn dynamically during resizing.
- In the Postponed mode, columns are redrawn only after the operation has been completed.