The MVC Grid View allows you to export its data with ease. Using specific static methods provided at the GridViewExtension class level, the GridView's data can be exported to a file or stream in the following formats:
- PDF (WritePdf, ExportToPdf)
- XLS (WriteXls, ExportToXls)
- XLSX (WriteXlsx, ExportToXlsx)
- RTF (WriteRtf, ExportToRtf)
- DOCX (WriteDocx, ExportToDocx)
This demo illustrates how data within the Grid View can be exported to different formats - based on the Grid View's current settings (defined in a single location - within the Controller). These settings are passed to a View containing the grid’s markup - 'View(partial)' and they are also used by export methods.