The DevExpress ASP.NET MVC GridView extension allows you to filter data and highlight search results via its integrated Search Panel. To enable the easy-to-use Search Panel, set the SettingsSearchPanel.Visible property to true. The search panel filter criteria that is applied to the grid data can be accessed by the MVCxGridView.SearchPanelFilter property. You can customize the search panel functionality using the following settings provided by the SettingsSearchPanel property.
- AllowTextInputTimer specifies whether a search panel filter is applied automatically or manually.
- ColumnNames lists the names of columns to which the filter criteria will be applied.
- CustomEditorName specifies the name of an editor used to specify a search panel filter criterion.
- Delay specifies the time interval between the initiation of search input and when filtering is applied.
- GroupOperator specifies the logical operator used to combine conditions (multiple words separated by space characters).
- HighlightResults specifies whether a text matching the filter condition is highlighted within the grid.
- ShowApplyButton specifies whether the Apply button is displayed within the search panel.
- ShowClearButton specifies whether the Clear button is displayed within the search panel.