This demo describes features provided by the DevExpress ASP.NET Ribbon (ASPxRibbon) control. Use controls in the upper panel to change individual property values and see the result in the ribbon. The descriptions of the utilized properties are listed below.
- AllowMinimize – specifies whether or not a ribbon control can be minimized. When this functionality is disabled, the minimize button is not displayed.
- ShowFileTab – specifies the file tab visibility.
- ShowTabs – specifies the tab header visibility.
- ShowGroupLabels – specifies the group label visibility.
The ribbon is covered by ASPxPopupControl to demonstrate the ribbon responsive layout. Use the popup control's size grip to see this functionality in action.
In this demo the following client-side events are handled (See the ASPX code).
- The FileTabClicked event is handled to flag a clicked file tab.
- The CommandExecuted event occurs after an end-user executes an action on a ribbon item (e.g., clicks a button, changes an editor value). The event is handled to display information about the item related to the event. The optional parameter event argument property provides additional information about the command being processed.
- The DialogBoxLauncherClicked event fires after a dialog box launcher, which is an arrow icon located in the bottom right corner of a group, has been clicked. The event argument group property identifies a group whose dialog box launcher is clicked.
The ASPxRibbon control is provided with the following item types: Button, Check Box, Color Button, Combo Box, Date Edit, Drop-Down Button, Drop-Down Toggle Button, Drop-Down Gallery, Gallery Bar, Option Button, Spin Edit, Template Item, Text Box, and Toggle Button.